Registration

Announcements for SEK-Sports.com site and message board.
zlopez
Site Admin

Registration

Post by zlopez » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:32 pm

Good morning -

In an effort to curb spam accounts and hopefully create more interaction, guests must now create an account to access the sports forums. Users will still be able to access this announcements tab. However to access the Football, Basketball, and all other parts of this forum an account will need to be made. Activation is usually less than 1 day turn around time.

If there's any questions or issues in registering, please contact admin [at] sek-sports.com. Thank you.

HSFBfn2018
Rookie

Re: Registration

Post by HSFBfn2018 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:48 am

This board really needs to update EVERYTHING related to high school basketball in Kansas ASAP. There has not been any scores on here for at least a week now

lostinkc
Veteran

Post by lostinkc » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:25 am

HSFBfn2018 wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:48 am
This board really needs to update EVERYTHING related to high school basketball in Kansas ASAP. There has not been any scores on here for at least a week now
If you are talking about the website you are correct, it appears to be all but dead during the winter (Basketball/Wrestling) season. The only things posted have been a few articles about Chanute basketball.

If you are talking about the forum (Message Boards), it is only as good as the members make it. There are currently 244 members, many have never posted anything and a lot of others haven’t even logged in to view what has been posted for a long time. All members are encouraged to post so we can have a good exchange of information, ideas, and opinions.

I am the caregiver for an 91 year old person. That is my Number One priority. There was a medical emergency that had me at the hospital all day and night Friday February 1 thru February 5, that is why I didn’t post any scores on those dates. Since the hospital stay, my caregiver responsibilities have greatly expanded, which means less time to spend on SEK-Sports. I usually wait until after bedtime to do any work on SEK-Sports. I am beginning to think it is a wast of time since most post get very few views.

Recently, I have been providing a majority of the basketball scores. It isn’t easy, I don’t have any reliable source or contacts to find the scores. Many scores take a lot of time and effort. I hunt and dig though every available source and then sometimes I still can’t find the score or I may find two or three different scores for the same game. The weather has made it even harder, I may spend a lot of time trying to find a score and eventually find out the game was postponed or canceled.

This board tries to cover around 67 schools from the CNC, FHL, LCL, Pioneer, SCBL, SEK, TRL, and TVL. Usually the schools are playing each other so that reduces the number of games. If a fourth of the members would only post one score each, we could easily report all the scores.

HSFBfn2018
Rookie

Post by HSFBfn2018 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:56 am

Then it's time to get everyone else involved and not put the burden on just one person to report ALL the scores and schedules for each team. This is my suggestion for SEK-Sports going forward

HARTATTACK
Rookie

Post by HARTATTACK » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:02 pm

about articles ect... with the website I haven't posted any this season because my daughter plays varsity and junior varsity for humboldt. I have only had the opportunity to watch the boys play 2 times this season. I would of posted articles about every humboldt girls game this season but If i am the only one writing articles the public gets mad with the website looking like its only about Humboldt. I need help from the other contributors to make the website work. With the scores on the message board I didn't feel the need for myself to put anything because I think you people are awesome at keeping scores up to date. Would love to hear any feedback from any of you . I am not in charge of anything when it comes to SEK sports. I just write about as much Tri Valley league as possible . It is my wish that the website worked as hard during basketball/wrestling & baseball/softball as it does for football.

zlopez
Site Admin

Post by zlopez » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:01 pm

HSFBfn2018 wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:48 am
Hi HSFBfn2018 -

First of all thank you for making the SEK Sports forums a part of your visits online. Secondly let me say I'm sorry for the lack of updates. This whole project, site and forums, is out of love for the coverage of area high school sports and student athletes. For many contributors it is a hobby instead of a way to pay the bills. We are always open to having more contributors chip in with scores, articles, profile pieces, web maintenance, and more. It's what keeps the machine running. Hopefully one day this can help someone pay the bills and do this for work and play. Unfortunately, we are not to that point yet.

I will take responsibility for the lack of updates. I've had personal and health issues come up that I personally have had to focus on. However, during that time I've been able to take a step back and reflect on how to better run this site with timely updates and more content and I'm excited to share that vision forward that I think will be more beneficial.

Thank you again for taking time out to voice your concern. That passion for what we contribute helps us know that people do care for the service we provide. After all, when you don't hear back from anyone you start to wonder "is anyone even reading this?"